Wednesday, June 03, 2015

27 Of The Most Offensive Band Names Ever? Or Are They?

Happy Hump Day People

























So Monday, I happened on this link to diffuser.com, and they have a list on there of the 27 most offensive band names ever....well supposedly they are.
I read em' all, every single one and I didn't get offended, but I can see where some people(like christian chruch groups and certain parents) would.

So I decided right then and there to perform my own personal social/musical experiment, and go through and listen to a few tracks from every band on that list.

So far I've only made it through about 7, so I have a good bit more to go. But don't worry, I plan on torturing my ears so you don't have to.

Here's the link to the lis and article if you're interested:
http://diffuser.fm/offensive-band-names/?trackback=fbshare_top#photogallery-1=28

Out of those bands, I only recognized about three, Butthole Surfers, Dead Kennedys, and Nashville Pussy.
The rest were a mystery to me, and I'm sure after this, I'll wish a good bit of them had stayed that way.

These are the bands I've listened to so far:

-Anal Cunt
-AIDS Wolf
-Circle Jerk
-Funeral Rape
-The Jesus Lizard
-Dying Fetus
-Dayglo Abortions

So far out of all these, only Circle Jerk's stood out to me as a band worth listening to.
They're definitely a punk band, with a punk rock sound very reminesent of the Sex Pistols, Ramones, and Richard Hell and Television.

The rest of the bands though? Fucking horrible sounding to me.
Seriously, outside of the Jesus Lizard, all the other bands do is just scream at you, and mostly in an very incoherint manner. Naw man, That's not music to me, That's just a bunch of crap.

Hell, a fucking one year-old can do the same thing. So can I, out of my ass, so pay me lots of money to do that.

That being said, at least if nothing else, some of the song titles from these fuck awful bands are pretty damn amusing, even though their music's not.


















Take the band Anal Cunt for example.
I made a Top Ten list of my favorite fiucked up song titles of theirs.


1). "You're Too Ugly To Rape, So I Just Beat The Shit Out Of You Instead"(My personal favorite, and something I'd love to wear on a t-shirt.)
2). "I Sold Your Dog To A Chinese Restaurant"
3). "I Lit Your Baby On Fire"
4). "Hitler Was A Sensitive Man"
5). "The Internet Is Gay"
6). "Limp Biskit Think They're Black, But They're Just Gay"
7). "I Just Saw The Gayest Guy On Earth"
8). "I Ate Your Horse"
9). "You Look Adopted" (I'm stealing this one)
10. "I Snuck A Retard Into The Sperm Bank"

Funny as song titles, shitty songs.
Again, I suggest checking out the link, and if you're feeling super brave, checking out some songs from these bands. You never know, you might find a new favorite or two;)



No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...