Friday, December 26, 2014

So, Who Would Win?: Taskmaster VS. Prometheus

TGIF!!!!

So I'm currently fooling around with the idea of doing a Best of 2014 thing for this blog.
I kinda' did one last year, and I'm very curious as to what skits and features were your favorites this year.

Let me know if you're interested, and I'll post them next week.

Now, onward to today's fantasy fight, the Taskmaster versus Prometheus.


One's a villain with the unique ability of photogenic reflexes, meaning he can see any move from a fight scene(even just once) and automatically duplicate it.
He's also a head trainer of his own henchmen trainee academy that outsources its graduates to various super-villains and villainous organizations.



The other was intended by creator Grant Morrison to be the anti-Batman. Using his uniquely-designed helmet, he can also mimic any moves he's gathered intel on by downloading discs of info into said helmet.


So......


Taskmaster









VS.


Prometheus







 Who Wins and Why?

As always leave your picks in the comments' section.


















As a quick note, I know I'm not the only person to ask this question.
Wizard Magazine ran this very fantasy fight in the pages of their mag years ago, in their Last Man Standing feature in #101(Feb 2000)
I'm not sure who I remember they picked to win, but I think it was Taskmaster.

Hope have a safe a happy Weekend people.


2 comments:

Randomnerd said...

Two of my favorites from recent memory have to be "eating ain't cheating" mostly because I spit take every time I think about it, and the Sons of Kirby because it was so pretty.
I'm sure there are more, but my short term memory is still full of things like New Math.
No idea who would win. Can't they just go out for beer and kill the bartender?

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Random: Thx ging, I'm proud of those too, especially the Kirby tribute.
You have no idea how hard it is to pick out a favorite. Hell just trying to come up with a Top 5 is hard(That's what she said)
Thx for sharing.

I'm rooting for Taskmaster, but Prometheus has been shown to be a super sneaky sum' bitch. Hell, he went so far as to hire another gut to impersonate him during the Cry for Justice maxi-series, so who knows if Tasky would be beating the real deal.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...