Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Every picture tells a story don't it?"

TGIT people!

Hey, lighten up, the weekend's almost here!

So as a way to help ease you through the day, and hopefully put a smile or two on your faces, I humbly submit the following laugh-jerkers that are a mix between new and unused created art.

Enjoy:)

Sexual harassment in the workplace or a typical night @ Hooters? You tell me:)

Don't ask, don't tell?



Yeah I know, I totally ripped this off from Family Guy:)


RIP Old Dirty Bastard, you are definitely missed.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to say "I told you so!"


I guess Doc Ock really is big in Japan:)

 Take 2:
I take it Spidey's not a big sushi fan;)


And finally here's the pics from my Bat-Bromance skit that appeared in that movie montage. I don't think you guys got to see them for very long, so here they are:





Watched some good shows last night, as Arrow continues to be a solid hit for me. We learn that the whole incident with the yacht that caused Ollie to be stranded on a deserted island was no accident at all, but was intentionally caused by his own mother and whoever else she was working with. Nice twist there;)

There was also some solid bits of action, with Ollie fighting a hired assassin of the Triad's(played by actress Kelly Hu) and another name gets crossed off Ollie's hit list.

I read on Comicbookresources.com that Deathstroke will be appearing on the next and 5th episodes, but so will Deadshot, as he shows up to hunt Ollie down. Can't wait!

I also caught the new season of American Horror Story:Asylum on FX. I've haven't watched the previous first season, but holy hell is this one going to be damn fun to watch:)

I highly, highly recommend watching both shows on Wednesday nights, with Arrow starting @ 8pm, and AHS:Asylum starting @ 10pm.

Oh, and if you're watching Sons of Anarchy(also on FX) wow, what a fucking twist on this week's show! I won't spoil things, but it looks like Ron Perelman's character isn't anywhere near as messed up as we thought he was; well physically that is.

I'll leave you with a song by Rod Stewart, that so just happens to be the very title of today's post:


Have a good weekend folks!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

yeah i'm with Captain Brittan. i was just commenting on Dan's blog how i'm not into reading new comics these days but that has nothing to do with the art work. especially stuff like that splash page with Black Widow. i just rented The Avengers i have to say i think i liked it a little more after a second viewing i only saw it once before in the theater.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Hey, the art will always(mostly?) be good to great, but the story inside? Yeah, not so much:(

I watched the Avengers myself for the 1st time a couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely loved it! To me, that movie was much better than DKRises. Some might say that's sacrilege, but I've now seen both, and Avengers really was the better movie. Hopefully with Whedon on board for the second, and maybe 3rd(fingers crossed) the trilogy as a whole will stand up better than the Nolan one, and I do love me some Nolan Batman, so.....

Randomnerd said...

I've watched Avengers about five times now (including once in the theaters) and it doesn't get boring. I even watched it once with the commentary, proving what I dork I am where Whedon is concerned. I think it's far an away a better movie than DKRises, not just in cohesiveness of plot, but in the way the characters where handled together. You never felt any of them were out of place, you never hated any of the screen time any of them had, and you actively appreciated the dialogue they had with each other. Something that is not easy to do in a movie made with a bunch of stars from a bunch of other movies. Yes. I gush. I don't care. At this point I'll watch Whedon direct a phone book.

Randomnerd said...

And the line about "Courting Death" at the end with Thanos...tell me that didn't give every comic nerd goosebumps. I know I giggled. Madly.

Omega Agent1 said...

You know it did, it took me back to the infinity gauntlet. Whedon has out done everybody on this one.

Omega Agent1 said...

"""Every picture tells a story""" you better know it! Between Spiderwoman and the Widow, every guy goes into battle uncomfortable or unfocused or both. My man Hawkeye is the only one who knows how to get relief.

Peter Parker better stay the hell out of Japan (funny Dude).

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Randomnerd, yeah me too, even though oddly enough I don't usually look to do repeated viewings. Yeah I'm weird like that.....

Like I said if The Avengers franchise to stay anywhere as good as the first outing, then marvel/Avengers/comic fans will all be happy. But that all really depends on the writers and director.

And yes, even just seeing Thanos so gleefully utter that line with such a cheshire/shit-eating grin makes me very excited for the inevitable clash. But as powerful as Thanos, they'll need more members on the Avengers than just those 5, plus Adam Warlock. Gotta' have him!

@Omega my main man, glad you liked it:)

And yes, Spidey really should keep his ass out of Japan. Damn perverts:)

googum said...

Any kids in wells better hope they grow up to be twenty feet tall, 'cause I'm not going down there.

Shoot, I missed the new Arrow, taped American Horror Story, and watched a bit of SoA on cable.

And I don't know if Japan has more perverts than America...but they're raising the bar, there.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

@Goo, yeah man Arrow was good this week. And like I said, Deathstroke and Deadshot show up for next week's episode, and Deathstroke again for number 5.

And, yeah Japan, certainly is raising the bar for perversion. I mean they're the only country I know that has vending machines with panties in them, and arcade slots w/inflatable boobs you can squeeze.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

Dale, i fucken forgot to DVR Young Justice today. did you see it and if so can you remember the name of the episode so i can find it on Youtube.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

No, I didn't. It's not supposed to come on regular cable until January.

Yeah, it and GL didn't come on CN at all saturday:(

Sorry:(

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

that explains why i haven't been able to find anything on Youtube so far. looks like i picked a good weekend to go brain dead with my YJ DVR routine.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Don't feel bad Shlomo, I'm sure you're not alone in that boat with probably a bunch of people doing the same thing:(

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...