Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"In August moon's surrender"

"The wild boys are calling
On their way back from the fire
In august moon's surrender to
A dust cloud on the rise
Wild boys fallen far from glory
Reckless and so hungered
On the razors edge you trail
Because there's murder by the roadside
In a sore afraid new world

They tried to break us,

Looks like they'll try again

Wild boys never lose it

Wild boys never chose this way
Wild boys never close your eyes
Wild boys always shine
"
-Wild boys by Duran Duran

Hey People,

Thought I'd squeeze one last post in for this month, and what a month it's been huh?
This month of August has been very crazy! Hurricane Irene, my 30th birthday, The Government almost defaulting in their loans, Beyonce getting knocked up, turning 30, the major earthquake on the East Coast, the violent riots in Britain, did I mention I turned 30?, and lots of other crazy shit all occurred during this month alone. Oh, and Ed O' Neil(Al Bundy) got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. See not all bad I guess.


Here's the link to a funny video I recently saw over at Bleedingcool.com. This video is made as a tongue-in-cheek response to all those comic book fans who are disshartened over the whole DCU reboot thing. It's actually not that bad, and as for the the attitude of the girl in the made up video, that's extactly the type of reaction I'd get from my wife if I tried to explain the whole thing. Love how the chick asks "What about Batman?" "Oh he's staying the same." See, women just love Batman!


Anyway, here's the link:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/30/is-this-the-best-dc-new-52-ad-ever/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BleedingCool+%28Bleeding+Cool+Comic+News+%26+Rumors%29

 Now bear in mind, today is the actual, official day that Flashpoint#5 and the new Justice League#1 ship. Of course that means that there's already spoilers/people who've already read the damn thing, so how did they do?
*Spoiler Alert*

The whole Flashpoint event is revealed to be all Barry Allen(The Flash)'s fault. What!?
It seems in a genuine moment of weakness, he attempted to go back in time to keep his mother from being killed by Prof. Zoom, the reverse flash.  He uses the Speed Force and his trusty Time Treadmill to do this, but messes up when he uses the full power of the Speed Force to go back in time. This causes time to go haywire, and thus, Barry inadvertently created the FP world, thus Barry, not Zoom was the real villain of the story. Crazy I know. And if you don't believe me, chech this out:

In the end Barry attempts to fix the world one more time, but finds out the universe was split into 3. Huh? He merges the 3 as per the advice of a mysterious cloaked woman, and that's how we have the new DCU. Yeah, that's what basically happened. I'm glad I didn't buy any of the issues though.

The only nice thing I read to have happened at the end, was when Barry gives Batman a letter from his father from the FP world. It basically says that he'll always love him, and this makes Batman cry. Awwwww.



As for JL#1, it's mostly 20 or so pages of a Batman/Green Lantern team-up, as they search for evil aliens. No WW, Aquaman, or Flash appearances, but Cyborg(pre-Cyborg I guess) shows up. Superman appears at the very end after pwning Hal, and prepares to face off w/Batman. Again. Remember this is a new world though, and all of these guys haven't met yet. Oh and the big evil threat the JL are created to fight? It's Darkseid.
Yeah I know, "but he's dead." I guess reboots really freshen up a guy.

So there, if you didn't already know, now you know.

And that's me, I'm outta' here.......

2 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

that was a nice touch in regards to the note from Thomas Wayne thanks for posting that. no matter how much of a tough guy you are it seems that child hood trauma especially when having to do with ones parents never really is something you get over %100. on the matter of JLA #1 i've read some blog reviews and it indeed does not look like things are off to a good start. i'm gonna go over to Youtube to see if i can find some reviews there to watch/listen too.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

-Hey Dave,
glad you liked the pic. It took me good while to find it, and I just happened to luck out and find it on a message board.

As much crap as I could talk/give about FP, it was nice of Johns' to include that little moment in the end. IDK for how long that'll be canon, but it's nice to see superhero buddies other than Clark or Hal have their private little moments w/Bruce. God knows those are as rare as hen's teeth.

As much as I hate on the reboot, I really do hope it brings in new readers, because God knows DC and the industry in general needs them! I just think it's the same old stuff dressed up to look new to fool new/potential readers.

In the end, things like this make me glad someone takes the time to read than post spoilers; they maybe annoying at times, but in this instance they make more fiscal sense(especially for me) than simply reading/buying these things blind.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...