Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Who loves ya' baby?"

Yes, famously only Telly Savalas should be able to utter those words, but so can someone else. Billy Dee Williams. He didn't, but did when Keenan Ivory Wayans portrayed him.

I know, I know, what? We're talking about Billy Dee Williams now? Yes we are. It all came to me while trying in vain to sleep this morning, and I got thinking about a post I read on the DCComics.com message board about whither or not, the Joker would always smile. This depends really on who writes him, but that's another topic for another blog. I got thinking about the 1st Batman movie, and how good Jack Nickelson was as the Joker. Remember that little scene at the chemical plant, right before he takes a dive into the vat of chemicals, Jack Napier kills the crooked cop Det. Eckhart. Eckhart's the real last name of actor Aaron Eckhart, who played Two-Face in the Dark Knight Returns. Neat little trivia huh? No!?  Fine screw you then.

How about this, it's no secret that Billy Dee Williams played District Attorney Harvey Dent in the 1st Batman movie. He was supposed to be Tim Burton's Two-Face, but things never got that far.
  
Yes it would've been weird to see a black Two-Face, but we already have in in President Obama, (Ohh sick burn) and this is Billy Damn Dee Williams we're talking about. It wouldn't have been that bad, although I imagine he'd make Michael Keaton's job alot more harder by stealing bitches out from under him even with a messed-up face. Could you imagine him stealing the spotlight from Batman? Crazy shit man!

I don't know why, but I've always liked Mr.Williams. Seeing him in Batman, and before that as Lando Calrissian in the Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi of the Star Wars movie Trilogy made him seem really cool in those movies.  Am I the only one to wonder why Lando essentially wore Han Solo's clothes at the end of Return of the Jedi? Is that the official pilot's outfit for the Millennium Falcon, or did someone sneak that in there? Weird.

That's not all folks, because I recently found out Billy Dee Williams used to be the spokesman for get this, Colt .45 liquor. Yes lord, sweet Colt .45, to quote Dave Chapelle's Sam L Jackson impersonation, "It'll get you drunk!" He even did some commercials and everything. You da' man Billy Dee! Here's the link to one of his infamous commercials:
http://youtu.be/0pK5HmuCMBM

And here's the link to Keenan Ivory Wayans' spoof on the Colt .45 commercials.
http://youtu.be/IlR-I57nmr4

Of course I can't leave out his famous appearance on Keenan Ivory Wayans' In Living Color. They were doing a spoof on I Love Lucy, called I Love Lequita, and it was pretty funny. At the end Billy Dee appears, and hilarity ensues. Trust me.


True, Billy Dee Williams did other movies, like with Diana Ross, but he'll always be Lando/Harvey Dent/that Colt.45 guy to me.

No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...