Friday, May 20, 2011

"When the music's over.....turn out the lights"

So according to Bleedingcool.com and various message and comic boards, it looks like DC comics just might be pulling off a major relaunch of all its titles this September. Apparently Flashpoint#5 will be the only comic that DC will distribute on Aug 31st, leaving many to wander what they'll publish/distribute the following week, which is Sept 6th. I don't know if DC's really planning on doing this due to the fallout of Flashpoint, but I hope not. It's already becoming too much of a common practice to relaunch or restart comic titles over from scratch with a new issue number one. I figure that's due to sales, and the possible reason being that comic fans really like fresh, new number ones. Marvel's been doing this recently over the last couple of years, with DC right behind them. Personally, I don't like this. I mean certain titles like Iron Man, Captain America, and Fantastic Four only recently re-numbered back to their original numbering before their own various restarts and relaunches. And as for the DC side of the track, the biggest two titles that they have issue-wise, are Action Comics and Detective Comics, with Batman trailing behind. Action and Detective have both lasted up to 900 issues a piece; well Detective's close. A poster by the name of Barry Allen on the CBR message boards said he liked to see both comics reach #1,000 is his lifetime. I imagine that'll be hard to do if DC restarts everything over with new number ones.




I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Also, in a rather said bit of news, I just found out that former Pro-Wrestler Randy "Macho Man" Savage died earlier today. He suffered a heart attack while driving with his wife along a Tampa highway. He swerved into on-coming traffic and crashed, and later was pronounced dead at the hospital. He was only 58, and had just married his current wife Barbara last year. She survived with minor injuries, but sadly he did not. My heart felt condolences go out to his family and friends. He'll truly be missed, and joins a very long list of former pro-wrestlers who dies before their time. I know I'll miss him.
I hope he's snapping a Slim Jim in Heaven while diving of the top of those ropes in God's wrestling ring.

And of course, as Googum already posted on his blog, as have numerous people, some Christian nut claims the world's ending this week. He claims on May 22, a major earthquake will hit New Zealand and continue on to attack the whole world. So, if you don't hear from me Monday, you know what happened.
Have a good weekend, and try not to die......

2 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

and don't forget about the small role he played in the first Spiderman movie as Bonesaw. that's the wrestler that Peter Parker went up against to win the money he needed to by a car to impress MJ.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

-David H, I didn't. I was extremely excited to see him in that movie. Sadly, I think he'll be remembered by more people as "Bonesaw" in that little cameo than when he was last wrestling professionally. Hopefully not, but still not a bad way to further cement one's career.

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...