Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Movie Daze










Yeah both these guys have new movies coming out just in time for summer. At first glance I was skeptical about the choices for lead roles, but Chris Evans has won me over after seeing his incredible transformation from skinny Steve Rogers to mr. muscles Captain America. I'm still on the fence about Thor's movie though. I guess Chris Hemsworth looks alright, but based on what I've seen from the trailer, uh  I don't know. Let's just say I won't watch this movie for the Oscar award-winning acting or anything. I mean even Sir Anthony Hopkins himself didn't think Chris was all that good an actor!  And he would know.

Oh well. Due to my policy about not going to a movie theatre if it's not rated R because of overly-talkative teens/kids, I think I'll wait until both movies come out on DVD before I watch them. That, and I've noticed like the typical superhero movies that come out lately, they don't always follow exactly like the comic book. Which is fine. Not everyone's an expert on these characters, so I expect alittle creative licensing here and there.

On the other hand, I'm really looking forward to the next, and last Batman movie by director Chris Nolan. He really knows his stuff doesn't he?

Lastly, hollywood legend and activist, Elizabeth Taylor died today from heart disease. She was 79.  May you finally rest in peace.

And I'm outta' here......

No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...