Monday, November 27, 2006

This is the first ever-get-it-while-it's-hot edition of DB's Universe!
Along the way, I hope to enlighten and corrurpt as many people as possible. Yeah it's gonna be that damn good! A quick intro on me I love Comics, especially DC and Marvel comic characters, so don;t be surprised if that topic is brought up alot. I'm also morbid, and enjoy black humor. Just putting that out there. I'm also a big fan of classic rock and all things Pink Floyd, Beatles, Led Zepplin, and the like. I bring up alot of different topics, so don't worry about having to read about the same shit all the time.
Anyways here's a little food for thought; I was watching ESPN's The Top Five Reasons You Can't Blame..... Sunday afternoon, and I loved it! Now I'm not a really a big fan of sports. I know that may come as a big surprise to many out there, especially since loving and appreciating sports is supposed to be in all men's dna, but not mine. I used to watch it when I was little in the 80's, and occasionaly I check on the teams I used to root for back then every now and again, but for the most part I could care less. Hey I prefer Pro-Wrestling over those boring spectacles, so there! Anyways I watched the marathon the the ESPN Classic channel was showing, and I actually enjoyed watching it! The basic premise of the show for those not in the know about it is that it showcases a much-debated sports topic like why you can't blame Mike Tyson for losing to Buster Douglas or why you can't blame Kobe Bryant for the breakup of the Lakers. Stuff like that, while about sports, is facinating to me. I'm a big fan of History, especially history behind any subject I take a fancy to, so this show really appeals to me. So I started thinking why isn't there a Top Five Reasons You Can't Blame... blog or segment for comic characters? So I'll personally start one and see how it goes from there. Suggestions and feedback are more than welcome.

And now for your picture of the day:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love how comic book writers used to play "Let's see how far we can push the comic code." And no she's not talking about my dong!

No comments:

"Closing time. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here."

Well..... I kinda always knew this day would come, and it sure has. It's been a hell of a ride, but it's time to for it end. Ti...